An intriguing trip addressed to those who want to know what the communist period in Warsaw and Poland waslike. Political anecdotes, the ideas of rebuilding Warsaw after the Second World War and the absurdities of everyday life of ordinary residents of the city. We will drive a classic communist car, that is, a historic minivan – Nysa 522. A professional guide will narrate a tour of landmark communist buildings and local history.
Experience the absurdities of communism and set off with us to a city full of history!
You will know the history of the symbol of Warsaw, the Palace of Culture and Science, which was created on the sea of post war ruin. You will see the utopian architectural ideas of the communist authorities – the Party Houseof People’s Republic of Poland and the Ministry of Agriculture. You will go to Plac Konstytucji (Constitution Square) to get to know the MDM (Marszałkowska Residential District) designed to fit the communist ideology. At the end, we will visit the only such place in Warsaw – Museum of Life Under Communism. A replica of a real flat, propaganda films screened in a mini cinema hall, a reconstructed communist cafe await you there. We will learn how the inhabitants of Warsaw used to live like…
If you want to, you can decide additionally:
- to uprade your transportation to: large retro bus caled "Cucumber", a modern mini-van or a modern bus
- to visit the viewing terrace on the XXX floor of the Palace of Culture and Science
- sturdy communist snack in Museum Cafe: sandwitch with lard, sour cucumber, and „oranżada” soda
- coffee (from a vintage coffee machine) and communist W-Z pastry in Museum Cafe
- funny chat with an outspoken communist housewife + a shot of pure or cherry vodka
#communism #socrealism #museumofcommunism #Warsaw #citytours #citybreak